Champs Sports Bowl Sells Out For First Time In History
[vc_row][vc_column width=”5/6″ offset=”vc_col-lg-offset-1″][vc_column_text]
The 2011 Champs Sports Bowl has officially sold out. It is the first sellout in the game’s history in Orlando.
The sellout was announced at 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, before Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher and Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly spoke with local media. The game sold out just three days after the matchup between the Seminoles and Fighting Irish was announced.
The sellout is the first in the game’s history in Orlando, and now assures the 2011 matchup of the new attendance mark in Orlando. The previous high was 56,747 for Wisconsin and Miami in 2009.
The Champs Sports Bowl will kick off on Thursday, Dec. 29 at 5:30 p.m. Fans can enhance their bowl week experience with several opportunities and additional events:
- Celebrate before the game in the official pregame party area, the Kuykendall Gardner Tailgate Terrace. Individual tickets and group packages are available. Buy tickets now.
- The Champs Sports Bowl Patch is the official souvenir of the bowl. It’s the same patch worn by the players during the game, and also gets you FREE access to the Best Buy FanZone before the game. Get yours now.
- The Champs Sports Bowl Kickoff Luncheon will be held at the Hilton Orlando on Wednesday, Dec. 28 at noon. The event will be hosted by ESPN’s Holly Rowe and will feature interviews with the head coaches as well as special entertainment featuring players from each team. Buy tickets now.
- The Champs Sports Bowl Pep Rallies will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 28 at Orlando Bowl Week Fan Headquarters in Pointe Orlando. Florida State’s pep rally is at 4:00 p.m., while Notre Dame’s pep rally begins at 4:45 p.m. The events are free to the public.
- The Champs Sports Bowl Parade of Bands takes place at 11:00 on Thursday, Dec. 29 (game day) along Park Avenue in Winter Park. This event is free to the public.