For 30 years, Florida Citrus Sports and its bowl games have been blessed with the golden pipes of Bob Matheison handling the public address announcing duties. After three decades, Matheison has announced that he is retiring from the booth and turning over the reins to someone else.
In the spirit of competition, FCSports has decided to open up to the public the audition to fill Matheison’s shoes.
“Bob has not only served as the voice of Orlando’s bowl games, but as a Past President of Florida Citrus Sports and a community leader for the past 30 years,” said FCSports CEO Steve Hogan. “He’s been an important part of what makes hosting college football bowl games a special experience for all involved.”
Those interested in being considered for the job must:
- Be a Florida resident age 18 or older
- Record a video of themselves reading a script provided by FCSports (it can be found, along with more details, at www.FCSports.com/TheVoice.aspx).
- The video should last no longer than 2 minutes
- The video should be uploaded to YouTube
- Once uploaded, submit your entry (the YouTube link along with your name, phone number and e-mail address) by going to the bottom of the page of www.FCSports.com/TheVoice.aspx
Three finalists will be selected by a judging panel that includes FCSports officials and local celebrities. The finalists will then be asked to audition live at Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium on Friday, Dec. 2, in front of the panel. The next bowl P.A. announcer will be selected based on the live performances.
For more details on the audition, go to www.FCSports.com/TheVoice.aspx